30-Day Challenge to Add Joy to Your Life•
Posted on March 09 2020
Take this exciting 30-Day challenge to add joy to your life!
Why 30 days? It will retrain your mindset to help you focus on the positive. After 30 days you will start looking for quick and simple things that bring you joy. The realization that even something small can bring lots of joy is liberating because there's less pressure to create big events.
Do one thing a day that brings you joy. After each activity, take a quick second to rate how much joy you experienced. At the end of the 30 days, set aside a few minutes. Review your log and see which activities brought you the most joy. Keep the challenge going by looking for ways to incorporate those activities into your life going forward.
- Dance! Play your favourite song and dance around the room.
- Write down three things that you are grateful for. Post the list on your fridge.
- Call a friend you haven't spoken to in a while.
- Watch the sun rise.
- Write a note of joy and leave it for someone to find. You can leave it in your house as a surprise for a family member or outside for a random stranger.
- Pick a spot to declutter - a shelf, a drawer or a pile of papers. Even better, pick a spot that you have been putting off for a long time. You'll feel so relieved when you are done!
- Go through your closet and pick three items to donate.
- Create a list of 10 things that make you happy.
- Reconnect to nature. Go for a walk in a local park or nature trail.
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers.
- Laugh! Watch a comedy show with someone who shares your sense of humour.
- Enjoy a cup of coffee or your favourite tea. Close your eyes and breathe in the scent. Take a few deep breaths and block out everything else.
- Bake your favourite treat. Share it with friends or keep it all for yourself!
- Try something new. Take a class or workshop on something you have always wanted to know more about.
- Vacation day! Plan something fun and do it. Remember, it's a vacation day - so no chores today!
- Visit a museum.
- Plan a get together with some close friends.
- Watch the sun set.
- Wear your favourite outfit.
- Begin a new project.
- Finish a task you have been putting off.
- Relax! Read a book or a magazine.
- Disconnect during lunch. Turn off your computer and phone. Don't respond to any emails or phone calls.
- Institute Family Talk Time for one night. The rules are simple - no tv, no phones. Talk to each other about your day.
- Volunteer with a local community group.
- Get ready for bed. As you fall asleep, remember the good things that happened during they day.
- Create a memory jar. Write down happy memories on a piece of paper and put it in a jar. Every few months, read through your happy memories. See how even simple pleasures bring great joy!
- Make time for yourself today!
- Spend at least 30 minutes on your favourite hobby.
- Give a great big bear hug to someone you love.
Bonus Idea: Take time to appreciate the little moments in life! Many of the activities above center around little moments. Savour them while they happen - chances are these moments are the ones that will form some of your greatest memories!
Until my next blog post, here's wishing you all the joy in the world!
With lots of love,
23 Tips for Frugal ...
Frugal living doesn’t mean that you’re cheap, it just means prioritizing what's important to you. Here are 23 tips for frugal living that will save...Read More
35 Budgeting Quotes...
Here are some of my favourite quotes about budgeting that will inspire you to start a budget – NOW!Read More
How to Create a Zer...
Everyone - including you - needs a budget. No, a budget isn’t about restricting your life – it’s about creating a plan that will allow you to prior...Read More