35 Inspiring Quotes on Gratitude•
Posted on December 23 2020
The end of each year is a good time to review the past year and acknowledge the good and what you are grateful for.
As we wrap up 2020, take the time to reflect on the things you are grateful for. While this year may not have given you everything you wanted, it is important to appreciate what you have in your life. What are you grateful for this year?
1. “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” — Maya Angelou
2. “Gratitude doesn’t change the scenery. It merely washes clean the glass you look through so you can clearly see the colors.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
3. “There is a calmness to a life lived in gratitude, a quiet joy.” — Ralph H. Blum
4. “Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for.” — Zig Ziglar
5. “Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” — Doris Day
6. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity. It makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
7. “Learn to be thankful for what you already have, while you pursue all that you want.” — Jim Rohn
8. “So, the point is to acknowledge what’s difficult in life, but don’t let it hijack your attention. Don’t let it suck you out. And instead, as much as you can, focus on what there is to be thankful for. Which among other benefits will make you stronger.” — Rick Hanson
9. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
10. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
11. “There is something that happens when you are grateful: you continue to keep receiving blessings. So, I will always be grateful.” — Chrissy Metz
12. “Appreciation can make a day—even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” — Margaret Cousins
13. “When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in.” — Kristin Armstrong
14. “Gratitude unlocks all that’s blocking us from really feeling truthful, really feeling authentic and vulnerable and happy.” — Gabrielle Bernstein
15. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” — Henri Frederic Amiel
16. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Brault
17. “The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become.” — Robert Holden
18. “Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.” ― A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
19. “Dance. Smile. Giggle. Marvel. Trust. Hope. Love. Wish. Believe. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and appreciate where you are at this moment instead of always focusing on how far you have to go.” ― Mandy Hale
20. “It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” ― Germany Kent
21. “Gratitude is one of the most powerful human emotions. Once expressed, it changes attitude, brightens outlook, and broadens our perspective.” ― Germany Kent
22. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” ― Brené Brown
23. “I think that real friendship always makes us feel such sweet gratitude, because the world almost always seems like a very hard desert, and the flowers that grow there seem to grow against such high odds.” ― Stephen King
24. “Gratitude is the ability to experience life as a gift. It liberates us from the prison of self-preoccupation.” ― John Ortberg
25. “It’s up to us to choose contentment and thankfulness now—and to stop imagining that we have to have everything perfect before we’ll be happy.” ― Joanna Gaines
26. “Those who are not grateful soon begin to complain of everything.” ― Thomas Merton
27. “It has been said that life has treated me harshly; and sometimes I have complained in my heart because many pleasures of human experience have been withheld from me. If much has been denied me, much, very much, has been given me.” ― Helen Keller
28. “How would your life be different if you began each day by thanking someone who has helped you? Let today be the day you make it a point to show your gratitude to others. Send a letter or card, make a call, send a text or email, tell them in person. Do whatever you have to do to let them know you appreciate them.” ― Steve Maraboli
29. “Be consistent in your dedication to showing your gratitude to others. Gratitude is a fuel, a medicine, and spiritual and emotional nourishment.” ― Steve Maraboli
30. “Gratitude paints little smiley faces on everything it touches.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
31. “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” ― Eileen Caddy
32. “Because gratitude is the key to happiness, anything that undermines gratitude must undermine happiness. And nothing undermines gratitude as much as expectations. There is an inverse relationship between expectations and gratitude: The more expectations you have, the less gratitude you will have.” ― Dennis Prager
33. “Find magic in the little things, and the big things you always expected will start to show up.” ― Isa Zapata
34. “Being in the habit of saying "Thank you," of making sure that people receive attention so they know you value them, of not presuming that people will always be there. This is a good habit, regardless. Make sure to give virtual and actual high-fives to those who rock and rock hard.” ― Sarah Wendell
35. “Gratitude always comes into play; research shows that people are happier if they are grateful for the positive things in their lives, rather than worrying about what might be missing.” ― Dan Buettner
What's your favourite gratitude quote?
Until my next blog post, here’s wishing you lots of joy and happiness!
7 Steps to Simplify...
Busy has become the new badge of honour. But busy doesn’t mean that life is better. Instead of trying to do more, start by doing less. Simplify you...Read More
29 Motivational Quo...
It’s easy to drift through life. The result is that we usually end up living our lives based on the expectations of others. But what would happen i...Read More
7 Amazing Strengths...
I have a confession to make. Sometimes, I wish I was an extrovert. Now, don’t get me wrong - I love being an introvert, but the world does seem to ...Read More