33 Attitude Quotes that Will Change the Way You Think•
Posted on April 07 2021
Life has a way of throwing curve balls at you – when you least expect it. You won’t always get what you want or when you want it. But you can choose how you respond and your attitude. And that response, will make all the difference in your life. It will be what attracts people, and better opportunities, to you.
Do you believe that your attitude will change your life? If so, here are 33 quotes on attitude to inspire how you interact with the world.
1. “If you don’t accept yourself, you can’t transcend yourself and the world: first, you need to increase your awareness, then you need to accept what you learn, then you need to take action.” ― Oli Anderson
2. “Some people say I have attitude – maybe I do … but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right there.” ― Venus Williams
3. “If pain does not lead to growth and character, you have wasted your suffering.” ― Nicky Verd
4. “It isn't what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” ― Dale Carnegie
5. “There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert
6. “You are the master of your attitude. You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control the way you think about all the events. You always have a choice. You can choose to face them with a positive mental attitude.” ― Roy T. Bennett
7. “Be an independent thinker at all times, and ignore anyone who attempts to define you in a limiting way.” ― Sherry Argov
8. “When you stop living your life based on what others think of you real life begins. At that moment, you will finally see the door of self acceptance opened.” ― Shannon L. Alder
9. “The only thing that stands between a person and what they want in life is the will to try it and the faith to believe it is possible.” ― Rich DeVos
10. “Learn to adapt. Things change, circumstances change. Adjust yourself and your efforts to what it is presented to you so you can respond accordingly. Never see change as a threat, because it can be an opportunity to learn, to grow, evolve and become a better person.” ― Rodolfo Costa
11. “We cannot change our past. We can not change the fact that people act in a certain way. We can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have and that is our attitude” ― Charles R. Swindoll
12. “Even the smallest changes in our daily routine can create incredible ripple effects that expand our vision of what is possible.” ― Charles F. Glassman
13. “You can't always control circumstances. However, you can always control your attitude, approach, and response. Your options are to complain or to look ahead and figure out how to make the situation better.” ― Tony Dungy
14. “Focus on an ocean of positives, not a puddle of negatives.” ― Kevin Ansbro
15. “If you took one-tenth the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out... Complaining does not work as a strategy. We all have finite time and energy. Any time we spend whining is unlikely to help us achieve our goals. And it won't make us happier.” ― Randy Pausch
16. “Your life will become more fulfilling when you lose the anger, stress, anxiety and “poor me” attitude. Let it go.” ― Germany Kent
17. “A winning attitude allows you to work on the things you can control.” ― Germany Kent
18. “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.” ― Maya Angelou
19. “The choices you make reflect the memories you create.” ― Tesa Jones
20. “Your mindset matters more than you think.” ― Frank Sonnenberg
21. “Your attitude can either be your best friend who has your best interest at heart or your worst enemy who wants to see you fail, destroy your life, and be miserably unhappy. It’s imperative that you check your attitude. Make sure that your attitude is working for you, not against you. There’s limitless value in having a positive, empowered, and optimistic attitude! Choose wisely which attitude you give life to.” ― Stephanie Lahart
22. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ― Lou Holtz
23. “Fairness is not an attitude. It’s a professional skill that must be developed and exercised.” ― Brit Hume
24. “Never whine, never complain, never try to justify yourself.” ― Robert Greene
25. “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ― C.S. Lewis
26. “You may not be able to change a situation, but with humor you can change your attitude about it.” ― Allen Klein
27. “It is impossible to live without failing at something unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all. In which case, you fail by default.” – J.K. Rowling
28. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” ― Winston Churchill
29. “Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done.” ― Bo Bennett
30. “Character is the result of two things: mental attitude and the way we spend our time.” ― Elbert Hubbard
31. “Sometimes it takes a wrong turn to get you to the right place.” ― Mandy Hale
32. “To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.” ― Bruce Lee
33. “People may hear your words, but they feel your attitude.” ― John C. Maxwell
Ready to add some attitude to your day? If so, you need to check out these "Would You Rather" conversation starters on my Etsy shop! These questions are a great way to get the conversation rolling with something other than “How was your day?”.
Until my next blog post, here’s wishing you lots of joy and happiness!
23 Tips for Frugal ...
Frugal living doesn’t mean that you’re cheap, it just means prioritizing what's important to you. Here are 23 tips for frugal living that will save...Read More
35 Budgeting Quotes...
Here are some of my favourite quotes about budgeting that will inspire you to start a budget – NOW!Read More
How to Create a Zer...
Everyone - including you - needs a budget. No, a budget isn’t about restricting your life – it’s about creating a plan that will allow you to prior...Read More