Here are 21 unusual quotes about women and money – by women – that will leave you feeling inspired to improve your finances.
Be Intentional with Your Money
You can do so many things with your money, so why not make it count? Instead of shopping out of boredom, spend that money on something of value. Spend it on things like self care, investing in your personal growth or whatever brings you true joy. Once you give a purpose to your money, it will bring you so much more satisfaction in your life! Here are some quotes to show you how to be intentional with your money.
1.“Just imagine that those new shoes were actually made out of $20 bills. That is because money looks better in the bank than on your feet. Spend money because it’s an investment in your well-being, not because you are bored and have nothing else to do.” – Sophia Amoruso
2. “Smart women figure out what, exactly, makes them happiest. They spend generously on those things but cut out the rest.” – Laura Vanderkam
3. “Balancing your money is the key to having enough.” – Elizabeth Warren
Money And Relationships
Money has a huge impact in our lives and in our relationships in many ways. First, there is our relationship TO money. How we view money has an impact on how we handle our money. When we are aware of our views, we are able to take a step back and be more objective. Second, there is our family relationships and how money has an effect ON those relationships. It helps to have clear communication about how we want our money to be used and the reasoning behind our financial decisions.
4. “ ’Men don’t cry!’, ’Women can’t handle money!’ What limiting ideas to live with.” – Louise hay
5. “Money may not buy love, but fighting about it will bankrupt your relationship.” – Michelle Singletary
6. “Men and women both have an equal capacity to make money, but they want money for different reasons. Men want money for power and women want it for comfort, and usually not their own comfort, but the comfort of others in their lives.” – Suze Orman
Financial well-being is when you have enough money to pay your bills, put aside some money in savings and even the ability to spend money on fun things. It means being organized – to pay your bills on time and keep your financial papers in order. It means tracking your spending and following a budget. It means being paid what you are worth.
There are so many aspects to consider regarding your financial well-being, but it doesn’t have to be overwhelming or difficult. However, you do have to put some time aside each month to look at your finances. Remember, it’s okay to ask for help. So, go ahead and block off some time in your calendar – make it an appointment you can’t miss – and take care of your finances!
7. “If you’re not staying on top of your money, you are putting your financial well-being at risk.” – Suze Orman
8. “A woman’s best protection is a little money of her own.” – Clare Boothe Luce
9. “Financial independence is paramount. My mom always says that when a woman is financially independent, she has the ability to live life on her own terms.” – Priyanka Chopra Jonas
Living Within Your Means
The answer to money problems isn’t always to make more money. It’s just as important to learn how to manage what you already have – A.K.A. living within your means. It takes discipline – and maybe even some creativity – to handle your money so that you don’t spend more than you have. Here are some quotes that you can use as inspiration on how to live within your means.
10. “Look everywhere you can to cut a little bit from your expenses. It will all add up to a meaningful sum.” – Suze Orman
11. “Another big no-no is increasing your spending as soon as your income increases.” – Sophia Amoruso
12. “Cash is King. It is so simple, yet so difficult for people to understand. Do not spend more than you have.” – Sophia Amoruso
Debt Erases Freedom
Compared to the past, it is so much easier to obtain approval for debt. Not only is it easier to get credit, but it’s also become normalized in our society to carry larger and larger amounts of debt. But that debt comes at a price – eventually, you will have to pay it back. That’s when you become stuck. You end up staying at a job you hate (because you financially can’t afford to take a pay cut) or staying in a bad relationship (because you can’t afford to leave). Here’s some quotes to inspire you to get out of debt.
13. “Credit buying is much like being drunk. The buzz happens immediately and gives you a lift… The hangover comes the day after.” – Joyce Brothers
14. “Debt erases freedom more surely than anything else.” – Merryn Somerset Webb
15. “If you learn to control your finances, you won’t find yourself stuck in jobs, places or relationships that you hate just because you can’t afford to go elsewhere.” – Sophia Amoruso
Success Isn’t Just About Money
In today’s world, it can be easy to get caught up in appearances. We’re told that to be successful, our top goal should be to always make more money and buy more stuff. But what if we redefined our definition of success. What if success meant living within our means? What if success meant focusing on providing value or taking pride in a job well done? Go ahead and redefine the meaning of success. What does success mean to you?
16. “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the different you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
17. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” – Maya Angelou
18. “Money comes and goes. When you pass away it’s about what you’ve done to make this world a better place.” – Tia Mowry
Money and Happiness
Do you think that money can buy happiness? Personally, I think it can AND it can’t. Here’s why. When you are focused on buying “stuff”, you will never have enough. You will always be chasing that “happiness hit” that comes from a new purchase.
However, if you are using your money wisely and for a purpose, then it actually CAN buy happiness. Things like buying experiences, giving to charity, taking a course to learn something new or spending money on services to free up your time – these are all things that bring us happiness.
19. “You can be happy with money and you can be wretched with it. It depends on what kind of person you are.” – Taylor Caldwell
20. “Some people make enough, some people don’t, and it has nothing to do with their paycheck.” – Janene Murphy
21. “Money is the opposite of the weather. Nobody talks about it, but everybody does something about it.” – Rebecca Johnson
What’s your favourite quote about women and money?
Until my next blog post, here’s wishing you lots of joy and happiness!