35 Budgeting Quotes to Inspire You to Start a Budget•
Posted on September 08 2021
Budgeting. It's a word that many personal money coaches use - a lot. It's a common part of financial advice for a reason - because it works! But many people aren't convinced. They think that creating a budget is too hard. Or following a budget is too restrictive or too time consuming.
Well, I'm here to tell you that isn't the case. Personal budgets are a way of planning how you want to use your money. They allow you to set and achieve your financial goals.
Still not convinced? Then, keep reading. Here are some of my favourite quotes about personal budgeting that will inspire you to start a budget – NOW!
1. “Used correctly, a budget doesn’t restrict you; it empowers you.” – Tere Stouffer
2. “Budgeting isn’t about limiting yourself – it’s about making the things that excite you possible.” – unknown
3. “Budgeting only has one rule; Do not go over budget.” – Leslie Tayne
4. “Budgeting is not just for people who do not have enough money. It is for everyone who wants to ensure that their money is enough.” – Rosette Mugidde Wamambe
5. “A debt problem is, at its core, a budgeting problem.” – Natalie Pace
6. “The simplest definition of a budget is ‘telling your money where to go.’” – Tsh Oxenreider
7. “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” – Dave Ramsey
8. “A budget is more than just a series of numbers on a page; it is an embodiment of our values.” – Barack Obama
9. “One reason people resist change is because they focus on what they have to give up, instead of what they have to gain.” – Rick Godwin
10. “The budget is not just a collection of numbers, but an expression of our values and aspirations.” – Jacob Lew
11. “That’s why you call it a budget. You set it and you don’t budge.” – Jennifer Morrison
12. “I grew up in a world before people had credit cards. There were no magic cards - it was all about budgeting.” – Anthea Turner
13. “Be judicious with your budget and buy things that are going to last.” – Michael S. Smith
14. “Budgeting is the first step toward financial freedom” – Unknown
15. “The secret to budgeting is that it needs to be honest. Not what you think it should be or wish it could be, but what it really is.” – Lisa Conway-Hughes
16. “Even when you have a big budget, you can’t just shoot everything.” – Debbie Allen
17. “Creativity starts when you cut a zero from your budget.” – Jaime Lerner
18. “If you want creativity, take a zero off your budget. If you want sustainability, take off two zeros.” – Jaime Lerner
19. “This budget reflects a choice, not an easy choice, but the right choice.” – George Pataki
20. “Adults devise a plan and follow it. Children do what feels good. Be an adult and make a budget.” – Dave Ramsey
21. “I’m not cheap, you understand, I’m just a cut price person in a low budget land.” – Ray Davies
22. “A budget is a financial plan to control future operations and results.” ― Jae K. Shim
23. “Budgets are blueprints and priorities.” ― Kevin McCarthy
24. “With an understanding of your budget and your true needs, you may start putting away more money than you ever expected.” ― Larry Dyson
25. “If broke people are making fun of your budgeting, you are doing something right.” – Dave Ramsey
26. “It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it.” – George W. Bush
27. “Budgets are nothing if not statements of priorities.” – Jeff Merkley
28. “Budget: A mathematical confirmation of your suspicions.” – A.A. Latimer
29. “A budget is a plan for your money. It is how you want to spend your money. Financially smart people create a saving budget first and then plan the spending budget. Are you financially smart?” – Nita Menezes
30. “A budget isn’t about restricting what you can spend. It gives you permission to spend without guilt or regret.” – Dave Ramsey
31. “I believe in ‘last in, first out’ budgeting. If you go to any company, any family budget, that’s what you usually cut in a time when you can’t afford things. We are at a very critical point where we have to make decisions about whether we can really afford this huge new entitlement.” – Gil Gutknecht
32. “The only way to learn on a $0 budget is to talk to people.” – Drew Houston
33. “Beware of little expenses; a small leak will sink a great ship.” – Benjamin Franklin
34. “Budgeting isn’t a bad word.” – Rachel Cruze
35. “A budget doesn’t limit your freedom; it gives you freedom.” – Rachel Cruze
Until my next blog post, here’s wishing you lots of joy and happiness!
23 Tips for Frugal ...
Frugal living doesn’t mean that you’re cheap, it just means prioritizing what's important to you. Here are 23 tips for frugal living that will save...Read More
35 Budgeting Quotes...
Here are some of my favourite quotes about budgeting that will inspire you to start a budget – NOW!Read More
How to Create a Zer...
Everyone - including you - needs a budget. No, a budget isn’t about restricting your life – it’s about creating a plan that will allow you to prior...Read More