29 Powerful Quotes About Money and Life•
Posted on June 02 2021
Money. It's something that every person thinks about and talks about. It can seem like, at times, that money rules our life. It can bring us joy, stress, comfort, unhappiness, freedom - and so much more! Why? The easy answer is how much money we have. In reality, it's about how we think about money, treat it, use it and talk about it.
Here are 29 powerful quotes about money and life that will inspire you to think differently about money.
1. “I love money. I love everything about it. I bought some pretty good stuff. Got me a $300 pair of socks. Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too.” – Steve Martin
2. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
3. “Rich people believe ‘I create my life’. Poor people believe ‘Life happens to me’.”. – T. Harv Eker
4. “What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.” – Julia Cameron
5. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
6. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
7. “Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” – Norman Vincent Peale
8. “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” – George Lorimer
9. “You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don’t make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can’t take their eyes off you.” – Maya Angelou
10. “Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” – P.T. Barnum
11. “Try to save something while your salary is small; it’s impossible to save after you begin to earn more.” – Jack Benny
12. “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” – Henry David Thoreau
13. “Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.” – Zig Ziglar
14. “Never spend your money before you have it.” – Thomas Jefferson
15. “It's not how much money you make, but how much money you keep, how hard it works for you, and how many generations you keep it for.” – Robert Kiyosaki
16. “If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know and start charging for it.” – Kim Garst
17. “The habit of saving is itself an education; it fosters every virtue, teaches self-denial, cultivates the sense of order, trains to forethought, and so broadens the mind.” – T.T. Munger
18. “Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what you value.” – Joe Biden
19. “If you live for having it all, what you have is never enough.” – Vicki Robin
20. “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” - Winston Churchill
21. “It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
22. “If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” – Edmund Burke
23. “We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.” – Dave Ramsey
24. “Debt is so ingrained into our culture that most Americans cannot even envision a car without a payment, a house without a mortgage, a student without a loan, and credit without a card.” – Dave Ramsey
25. “Debt basically enables people to live a lie.” – Rachel Cruze
26. “Until we accept the reality that the freedom money brings also comes with the responsibility to manage it well, we’ll never get to pursue the life we truly want. Instead, we’ll always be playing catch-up with our random desires and whims.” – Rachel Cruze
27. “I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it’s not the answer.” – Jim Carrey
28. “Wealth is not about having a lot of money; it’s about having a lot of options.” – Chris Rock
29. “If you can get paid for doing what you love, every paycheck is a bonus.” – Oprah Winfrey
Which quote about money spoke to you? My hope is that you found a quote that has inspired you to think differently about money.
Until my next blog post, here’s wishing you lots of joy and happiness!
23 Tips for Frugal ...
Frugal living doesn’t mean that you’re cheap, it just means prioritizing what's important to you. Here are 23 tips for frugal living that will save...Read More
35 Budgeting Quotes...
Here are some of my favourite quotes about budgeting that will inspire you to start a budget – NOW!Read More
How to Create a Zer...
Everyone - including you - needs a budget. No, a budget isn’t about restricting your life – it’s about creating a plan that will allow you to prior...Read More