40 Uplifting Quotes About Joy and Happiness•
Posted on November 25 2020
If you asked people if they want to be happier, most people would probably say yes. So, how does one go about becoming happier? Well, you could read lots of different articles about how to increase your happiness. Or you could just read the quotes below about joy and happiness for some inspiration. Enjoy!
1. “Happiness is more than doing fun things. It’s about doing meaningful things.” – Maxime Lagace
2. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - Frederick Keonig
3. “It's a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.” - Lucille Ball
4. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” - Helen Keller
5. “It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will.” – Lucy Maud Montgomery
6. “Happiness is something that comes into our lives through doors we don’t even remember leaving open.” - Rose Lane
7. “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.” – Buddha
8. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” - Mary Lou Retton
9. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
10. “Happiness is the best makeup.” – Drew Barrymore
11. “Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get.” – Ingrid Bergman
12. “It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness.” – Sheryl Sandberg
13. “Being happy never goes out of style.” – Lily Pulitzer
14. “Life is short. So do the things which make you happy. And be with people who make you happy. Look for the good in every day – even if some days you have to look harder.” – Karen Salmansohn
15. “The biggest lie we’re told is ‘Be with someone who makes you happy.’ The truth is, happiness is something you create on your own. Be with someone who adds to it.” – Unknown
16. “It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.” – Mandy Hale
17. “The greatest obstacle to connecting with our joy is resentment.” – Pema Chodron
18. “By accepting yourself and being fully what you are, your presence can make others happy.” – Jane Roberts
19. “Joy is what happens to us when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are.” – Marianne Williamson
Do you find it hard to add joy to your life? It's easy to get caught up with the busyness of day-to-day life. So, if you're looking for an easy way to add more joy and happiness, you need to check out my 102 Conversation Starter Questions on my Etsy shop! They're a great way to help you connect better with friends and family.
20. “Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!” – Amanda Bradley
21. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
22. “Happiness is really a deep harmonious inner satisfaction and approval” – Francis Wilshire
23. “Happiness is a direction, not a place.” – Sydney J. Harris
24. “Happiness is not a goal … it’s a by-product of a life well lived.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
26. “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of travelling.” – Margaret B. Runbeck
27. “For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
28. “There are two ways to be happy: improve your reality, or lower your expectations.” – Jodi Picoult
29. “We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives.” – Maya Angelou
30. “Be nice to yourself. It’s hard to be happy when someone is mean to you all the time.” – Christine Arylo
31. “Think of all the beauty that is still left in and around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
32. “The place to be happy is here. The time to be happy is now.” – Robert G. Ingersoll
33. “Real happiness requires less than you think.” – Courtney Carver
34. “I use the term happiness to refer to the experience of joy, contentment, or positive wellbeing, combined with a sense that one's life is good, meaningful, and worthwhile.” – Sonja Lyubomirsky
35. “Our expectations about what our lives should be like are greater than ever before; we believe that we can do anything, and we are profoundly disappointed when reality doesn’t meet or even come close to perfection.” – Sonja Lyubomirsky
36. “We found that the happiest people take pleasure in other people’s successes and show concern in the face of others’ failures.” – Sonja Lyubomirsky
37. “If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.” – Proverb
38. “The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.” – Martha Washington
39. “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon” – Winnie the Pooh
40. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” – Marthe Troly-Curtin
What's your favourite happiness quote?
Until my next blog post, here’s wishing you lots of joy and happiness!
23 Tips for Frugal ...
Frugal living doesn’t mean that you’re cheap, it just means prioritizing what's important to you. Here are 23 tips for frugal living that will save...Read More
35 Budgeting Quotes...
Here are some of my favourite quotes about budgeting that will inspire you to start a budget – NOW!Read More
How to Create a Zer...
Everyone - including you - needs a budget. No, a budget isn’t about restricting your life – it’s about creating a plan that will allow you to prior...Read More